Introduction to Post Production with Adobe Premiere Pro
Learn to edit a short film
This is a hands on course that is ideal for a complete beginner or someone who wants to learn more about editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.
During the course you will learn how to organise you footage, decide which is the best takes and edit them into the timeline. You’ll learn how to speed up your editing using keyboard shortcuts, as well as tips and tricks to make you a better editor. Once you’ve edited some scenes together, we’ll look at cleaning up the audio, and adding sound effects and music. We'll briefly look at colour correction, so you can give the film the look and feel you want, and finally finish off with exporting your film as a master or for uploading to the web.
This is a hands on course that is ideal for a complete beginner, someone who wants to gain more confidence editing, or someone who wants to learn more about the film and video editing process.
Short film footage and all computer equipment will be provided.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a new project
- Import footage
- Organise clips
- Set In and Out points for videos
- Create a new Sequence
- Understand the timeline
- Use basic editing tools and techniques
- Work with transitions
- Use keyboard shortcuts
- Add video effects
- Adjust audio levels
- Add music
- Colour correction basics
- Add simple Titles and Credits
- Export your video to YouTube or other platforms
- You have to be aged 19+ to study with us.
- Minimum IT skills required to commence the course ie opening and retrieving files.
- Basic computer skills. No experience of film equipment required.
- Please bring your own hard drive for footage storage.
Course start dates
Wed 27 Jun 2018
11:00 - 18:00 with break
Course end dates
Fri 29 Jun 2018
No of course weeks running
Runs for 3 consecutive days, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, during 1 week.